McIntyre Compliance Services (‘MCS’) is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The Company’s purpose is to be the trusted partner for compliance safety services in the social housing sector.
|The Senior Electrical Buyer will work alongside the team of Procurement Assistants to source and purchase a wide range of electrical, fire alarm and security products for field engineers, and provide technical support to the wider Procurement Team.|
|● Sourcing and purchasing a wide range of electrical and fire products at the most competitive price on behalf of the Operations contract teams.
● Make recommendations for alternative products in the event that a product is not available.
● Understanding how electrical systems work and being able to make recommendations in this respect.
● Build relationships with a number of suppliers with a view to negotiating the best deals possible on behalf of the Company.
● Be the technical expert within the Procurement department, becoming the ‘go-to’ person to ensure delivery of services to the field-based engineers and customer contract teams sits within agreed SLAs.
● Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
|● Procurement and Stock Control
● Operations Customer Contract Teams
● Technical Managers
● Third-party suppliers
|Key Performance Indicators:|
|● Meet the performance objectives as set out by the Business Services Director.
● Role-modelling a continuous focus on health and safety in role at all times, raising concerns in the right way to the right people, continually looking at ways to improve the safety of self and others and providing advice if observing others not complying.
|Knowledge and Skills:|
|● Excellent knowledge of electrical and/or fire products.
● Target driven, with a clear path as to how to meet these targets and strive to exceed every time.
● Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport within a team as well building a good relationship with internal customers, as well as third-party suppliers.
● Highly driven with being proactive and working to best practice with a commercial awareness to deliver cost effective solutions.
● Resilient to set-backs and able to use a positive approach when considering other avenues to achieve goals if met with challenge.
● Effectively work part of a team, collaborating to continually improve the way the Procurement buying team can support the delivery to the customer.
● Innovative – always seeking new ways of working to further improve relationships and drive growth.
|● Significant previous experience working in either the purchasing or sales of electrical products.
● A valid and clean UK driving licence.
The above outlines the principle functions of the role and is not an exhaustive list. The role holder may be asked to perform other tasks and duties commensurate with their skills and experience.