Projects Site Manager
McIntyre Compliance Services – up to £50k per annum plus vehicle, uniform, tablet, mobile phone other benefits.
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
The Projects Site Manager effectively supports the delivery of large projects and small works by providing site-based support and oversight to our projects and small works installs. Working to the Head of Projects this role will work closely with our Project Manager and Small Works Manager in providing site supervision, engineering management support to the mobile engineering teams in both Projects and Small Works.
Your tasks and responsibilities
|● Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
● Be the key site interface between lead engineers and office teams. Providing H&S support and supervision to the lead engineers and small works engineers.
|● Support the Project Manager & Small Works Manager on engineering resource management and allocation.|
|● Provide progress and key stage site reports to ensure projects are running to agreed timescales and resource allocation|
|● Support and mentor lead engineers and small works engineers|
|● Manage our apprentices allocated to projects and small works|
|● Being the role-model and escalation point for the site based teams, demonstrating what ‘good’ looks like through coaching and support, and regular performance discussions to enable feedback to be shared with a viewpoint of continuous personal development (and addressing underperformance through best practice and the support from the HR department).|
|● Attending customer meetings with assigned contracts along with the Commercial department, as required.|
The ideal candidate for a Projects Site Manager at MCS will have:
- Good understanding of fire and electrical contracting business ideally 5-10yrs in similar role
- Track record of managing sites, within the refurbishment/construction industry, (ideally M&E)
- Ability to manage multiple sites with different customer expectations and KPIs.
- Proactive in processes to be a forward-thinker to meet the needs of the customer, taking ownership when issues arise and knowing who is appropriate to involve to resolve.
- Strong organisational skills (ability to manage multiple channels of work, effectively delegate to the team based on their capability and skill-set, knowing when to escalate to the Operations Manager to resolve issues and a consistent level of quality to the work produced and delivered).
- Creative and innovative towards new ways of working with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Understanding the importance of communication and delivering results through KPIs.
- Ability to lead and support a team with a variant of backgrounds, experiences, capability (across specialisms including administration) and skillset towards overall success of delivering the customer needs within the contract. Tackling performance concerns through best practice approaches (assessing it’s not just what you do, but how you do that creates a high performing team).
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of up to £50,000
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle
- Phone and Tablet
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)