Role: Junior/Trainee Fire Engineer
Location: Erith,Bexley Heath and surrounding areas within 60-minute travel.
Salary: £23,000 – £27,000 per annum/ £30,000-£32,000 per year including the overtime, travel time.
MCS is looking for a Junior/Trainee Fire service and maintenance engineer who want to join a successful and motivated team.
This is a role that is focused on the delivery of EML PPM Servicing each month & will include replacing like for like light fittings in accordance with the Health & Safety procedures and requirements within the contract. You will be working in a different environment every day and across a variety of locations. We trust our engineers to be the face of our business and engage with our clients to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service excellence.
Erith,Bexley Heath and surrounding areas – you can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 60-minute travel.
MCS is a leading national supplier of fire safety, security and electrical services for the Social Housing sector. The business has won a number of new contracts and is looking for experienced engineers to carry out installs, testing, inspection, and repairs as part of our existing, skilled team. Progression, learning and ensuring the safety of tenants is our primary concern so attention to detail, communication and taking pride in your work is all essential.
You will be expected to:
- To service, maintain emergency lighting system in accordance with the relevant British Standards.
- Correctly complete engineer service reports.
- Report deficiencies or deviations in systems.
- Report on and maintain emergency lighting systems and other associated equipment.
- Conduct regular van stock checks and liaise with the Engineering Technical Supervisor and Procurement Department to keep replenished and appropriately stocked.
- Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
- Complete a first time fix where possible
The ideal candidate for a Fire Alarm Engineer at MCS will have:
- A flexible approach to work with a minimum of 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with opportunity to earn significantly more through weekends.
- A full UK Driving License
- Previous Fire Alarm Experience would be beneficial
- FIA training (or equivalent required) would be beneficial
- A good level of IT literacy.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of: £23,000 – £27,000 per annum (40 hours a week) and opportunity to earn £32,000 per year up to with overtime and bonuses. (Fire engineers at MCS usually work between 45-50 hours what significantly increases the salary)
- Overtime paid at x1.5 of your wage
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle and a fuel card
- Phone and Tablet
- Full test equipment and power tools
- 22 days of holiday allowance plus any UK bank holidays (30 -31 days in total)
We are a company that promotes work life balance, our employees have access to great benefits package including employee assistance program, wellbeing app, mental health support, employee discount scheme, death in a service insurance, company pension scheme.
Apply today If this sound like a right opportunity for you! Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our recruitment tam if you need more details.
* McIntyre Compliance Services Ltd is not licenced to be a sponsor for the candidates from outside the UK. All candidates for this job must have right to work.