Are you an experienced Fire Alarm Engineer capable of providing fire safety services?
We are looking for skilled Fire service and maintenance engineers to join our successful and motivated team.
This is a role that is focused on the delivery of PPM Servicing & will include repairing the life safety systems and facilitating the Health & Safety procedures and requirements within the contract. You will be working in a different environment every day and across a variety of locations. We trust our engineers to be the face of our business and engage with our clients to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service excellence.
Basic hours are 40 hours per week with the basic salary of £34,000 – £36,000 per annum with average take home £40,000 (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time).
Oxford and surroundings – you can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 60-minute travel.
MCS is a leading national supplier of fire safety, security and electrical services for the Social Housing sector. The business has won a number of new contracts and is looking for experienced engineers to carry out installs, testing, inspection, and repairs as part of our existing, skilled team. Progression, learning and ensuring the safety of tenants is our primary concern so attention to detail, communication and taking pride in your work is all essential.
You will be expected to:
- To service, maintain and install fire alarm system (BS5839-1) and emergency lighting system in accordance with the relevant British Standards.
- Correctly complete engineer service reports.
- Report deficiencies or deviations in systems.
- Report on and maintain emergency lighting systems and other associated equipment, such as fire extinguishers, AOV’s etc.
- Conduct regular van stock checks and liaise with the Engineering Technical Supervisor and Procurement Department to keep replenished and appropriately stocked.
- Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
- Complete a first time fix where possible
The ideal candidate will have:
- A flexible approach to work with a minimum of 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with opportunity to earn significantly more through weekends and participate in an out of hours call out rota.
- A full UK Driving License
- Previous Fire Alarm Experience and knowledge of analogue addressable and conventional fire alarm systems.
- FIA training (or equivalent required) to BS5839-1 Fundamentals.
- Understanding of BS5839 in particular part one and part 6
- A good level of IT literacy.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of £34,000 – £36,000 per annum (depending on experience) with average take home £40,250 (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time) many of our staff earn over £55,000 per annum.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle and a fuel card
- Phone and Tablet
- Full test equipment and power tools
- Employee Assistance Program including: 24-hour wellbeing helpline, Death in a service insurance, Employee discount scheme and other benefits
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
If you would like to find out more about the job or company, don’t hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)