McIntyre Compliance Services – £28,000-55,000 per annum plus vehicle, uniform, test equipment, laptop, mobile phone other benefits
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
MCS will be reliant on your technical ability to manage our customers life safety through your ability to service and maintain various life safety systems, you will be working in a different environment every day and across a variety of locations. We trust our engineers to be the face of our business and engage with our clients to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service excellence.
We rely on your expertise and knowledge of regulations and standards to deliver a high-quality service to keep our customers safe.
If you are an experienced Fire Alarm engineer capable of carrying out important life safety services across our various customers premises, we are keen to hear from you.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To service, maintain and install fire alarm system (BS5839-1) and emergency lighting system in accordance with the relevant British Standards.
- Correctly complete engineer service reports.
- Report deficiencies or deviations in systems.
- Knowledge of analogue addressable and conventional fire alarm systems.
- To have good communication skills to liaise with the customer, tenants, and office team.
- Report on and maintain emergency lighting systems and other associated equipment, such as fire extinguishers, AOV’s etc.
- Conduct regular van stock checks and liaise with the Engineering Technical Supervisor and Procurement Department to keep replenished and appropriately stocked.
- Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
- Complete a first time fix where possible
The ideal candidate for a Fire Alarm Engineer at MCS will have:
- A flexible approach to work with a minimum of 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with opportunity to earn significantly more through weekends and participate in an out of hours call out rota.
- A full UK Driving License
- Previous Fire Alarm Experience,
- FIA training (or equivalent required) to BS5839-1 Fundamentals.
- Understanding of BS5839 in particular part one and part 6
- A good level of IT literacy.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of £28,000 – £36,000 with average take home £50,250 (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time) many of our staff earn over £55,000 per annum.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle
- Phone and Tablet
- Full test equipment and power tools
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
This is a role that is focused on the delivery of PPM Servicing & will include the and repair of life safety systems and facilitating the Health & Safety procedures and requirements within the contract, whilst providing technical advice to both our employees and clients.
You will need strong interpersonal and organisational skills, working proactively to meet the needs of our customers. You will be responsible for looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
You can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 30-minute travel.