Fire Extinguisher Technician
McIntyre Compliance Services – £18,700 – £25,000 per annum plus vehicle, uniform, equipment, laptop,
mobile phone and other benefits.
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector.
This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for
compliance safety services.
MCS will be undertaking planned maintenance and repairs of portable fire extinguishers, being an integral part
of the Fire Division.
The ideal candidate for a Fire Alarm Engineer at MCS will have:
● A flexible approach to work with a minimum of work 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with opportunity to earn
significantly more through weekends and participate in an out of hours call out rota.
● A full UK Driving License
● A good level of IT literacy.
● An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
● Previous experience within the industry as a competent technician of fire extinguishers.
● enthusiastic and a can-do attitude, someone who looks to solutions when presented with problems.
● The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to organise workloads, plan their diary
including route planning to minimise travel time, work effectively and have excellent customer care skills.
● A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of BS-5306 and have received extinguisher training
(ideally with FIA, IFEDA or equivalent).
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
● A base salary of up to £25,000 per annum (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time).
● Ongoing career development opportunities
● A company vehicle
● Phone and Tablet
● Equipment and power tools
● A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
● Company Pension Scheme
● 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
You will need strong interpersonal and organisational skills, working proactively to meet the needs of our
customers. You will be responsible for looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any
issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
You can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 30 minute travel.
We reserve the right due to the nature of our work with industries that are subjected to compulsory vaccinations, to require our Engineer’s to be fully vaccinated. Without this vaccination we cannot fully deploy you across our industry contracts. We hope that you feel the same way in terms of protecting our most vulnerable in society, but please talk to us if this will pose a problem to you individually.