Fire Commissioning Engineer and Designer
McIntyre Compliance Services – up to 55,000 per annum plus vehicle, uniform, laptop, mobile phone other benefits
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
This is a role that requires a competent and suitably qualified engineer to survey and design, and be integral in the commissioning and handover of Fire Alarm systems. The ability to communicate and lease with our existing customers in a timely manner and providing solutions to their requirements whilst meeting standards set by BS 5839. The successful candidate must have FIA qualifications in design and commissioning. They must also prove to be a confident member of a team with a good understanding of health and safety to help stay compliant with CDM regulations. Being able to both, design a system typically within a social housing environment and able to identify strategic planning requirements for the installations after quotation acceptance is essential.
The ideal candidate for a Fire Design and Commissioning Engineer at MCS will have:
- FIA training (or equivalent required) to BS5839-1
- Full UK Clean Driving Licence
- BS5839 Units 1 to 6
- Experience in AOV systems would be adventitious alone with manufacture training from Advance, Kentec, Ziton, ETC, is desirable but training can be provided.
- A flexible approach to work with a minimum of work 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with opportunity to earn significantly more through weekends and participate in an out of hours call out rota.
- A good level of IT literacy.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of up to £37,000 with average take-home £50,250 (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time) many of our staff earn over £55,000 per annum.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle
- Phone and Tablet
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
You will need strong interpersonal and organisational skills, working proactively to meet the needs of our customers. You will be responsible for looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of yourself and others.