Fire Alarm Tester & Service Engineer
McIntyre Compliance Services – £35,000-55,000 per annum plus vehicle, uniform, test equipment, laptop, mobile phone other benefits
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
This is a role that will be an integral part of the Peterborough team of engineers, focussing on regular fire alarm (FA), Automatic Opening Vent (AOV) and Emergency Lighting (EML) testing across a range of customer sites.
The key responsibility will be to carry out weekly and monthly FA, AOV, and EML testing.
The ideal candidate for a Fire Alarm Tester & Service Engineer at MCS will have:
- A flexible approach to work with a minimum of work 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with the opportunity to earn significantly more through weekends and participate in an out of hours call out rota.
- A full UK Driving License
- Previous experience of testing fire alarms, AOVs and EMLs
- A good level of IT literacy
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of up to £25,000 with ability to increase take home with Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle
- Phone and Tablet
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
You will need strong interpersonal and organisational skills, working proactively to meet the needs of our customers. You will be responsible for looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
You can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 30 minute travel.