Fire Alarm Installation Engineer
McIntyre Compliance Services – £35,000-55,000 per annum plus vehicle, uniform, test equipment, laptop, mobile phone other benefits
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
This role is for the Installation of Fire Alarm detection systems. Including completely new installations, panel replacement and additions to existing systems.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To carry out the installation of fire alarm works either lone working, part of a team or with a trainee
- To be able to interpret quotation proposal and specific design criteria
- To be self-sufficient and be able to work on own initiative installing alarm systems in buildings and properties.
- Safe working procedure and mindfulness of health and safety.
- Ability to complete first and second fix wiring as well as the commission of systems
- Inspect and test and commission systems to ensure all components are performing well and comply with safety requirements, cause and effect and the client specification.
- Review installation manuals and certification
- Compose and submit documentation and installation certificates for each installation, complying with BS 5839
- Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role, and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
The ideal candidate for a Fire Alarm Installation Engineer at MCS will have:
- In-depth experience in Fire Alarm installation, and associated equipment, addressable conventional and 2 wire.
- Up-to-date with current standard BS5839 Pt 1 & Pt 6 is desired
- An FIA qualification is desired but not essential
- ECS / JIB Gold Card desirable
- Experienced in Ziton, Kentec, Morley and Aico Part 6
- Full UK Clean Driving License.
- A good level of IT literacy.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of £33,500 – £36,000 with average take-home £50,250 (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time) many of our staff earn over £55,000 per annum.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle
- Phone and Tablet
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
You will need strong interpersonal and organisational skills, working proactively to meet the needs of our customers. You will be responsible for looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of yourself and others.
You can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 30-minute travel.