Fire Alarm Installation Engineer
With a golden handshake of £500*, you could earn up to £50,000 per annum (base salary plus overtime and bonuses). You will also be provided with a vehicle, uniform, test equipment, mobile phone plus other benefits listed below.
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The business has won a number of new contracts and is looking for experienced engineers to carry out Fire Alarm installs, testing, repairs as part of a small, highly skilled team. Basic Commissioning and progression are an integral part of this role as well as actively questioning and observing risks and understanding different fire alarm Grades etc. Knowledge on AOVS and other related Fire disciplines would also be highly desirable but not essential – we would look to develop the right candidates in these areas.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Carry out installations against a pre scoped specification.
- Some opportunities to spec for your own work depending on experience / demonstrated competence
- Complete all relevant reports and certification associated with installation and testing
- Conduct remedial works as part of the inspection where appropriate
- Supporting our other Fire Alarm Engineers on installs, imparting knowledge onto other team members and demonstrating what excellent quality fire installs look like.
- Reporting back to the office team with regular reports and recommendations
- Occasional staying away (paid for by the company) with advance notice and agreed claimable expenses
The ideal candidate for a Fire Alarm Installation Engineer at MCS will have:
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.00am-5.00pm) with the opportunity to work after 5.00pm and if you chose to, some weekends too
- Up-to-date qualifications with current standard BS7671 & BS5839
- FIA Foundation/advanced
- City and Guilds level 2 & 3 Electrical Installations
- City & Guilds 2391 desirable
- BS5266 / BS EN12101 would be advantageous
- CDM 2015 knowledge desirable
- Previous fire alarm electrical installation experience with conventional systems, addressable systems, lighting and wiring is also highly desirable
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace
- A full UK driving licence
- A good level of IT literacy
- If you do not have all the above, we still want to hear from you
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will be offered:
- A base salary of £33,500 – £38,000 per annum (depending on experience) with opportunity to earn up to £60,000 per annum in overtime and bonuses.
- Golden handshake of £500 upon completion of first month, subject to absence and satisfactory performance
- Paid travel time (if commute is over 30 minutes from your home each way)
- Staying away expenses
- A company vehicle and fuel card
- Company pension scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including 8 bank holidays)
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Death in service
- Ongoing career development opportunities
*Paid within the first full month of employment with MCS.
Due to work being carried out in homes MCS will need to complete a number of background checks on successful applicants (such as a five-year referencing history and a DBS check). If you are required to carry out work in care homes, current regulations require engineers to have had two COVID vaccinations and to show a COVID passport.