Location: Cambridgeshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, London
– you can be based anywhere in those regions and surrounding areas within 60-minute travel.
Salary: around £42,000 – £45,000 per annum including overtime, travel time.
MCS is recruiting for skilled Fire Alarm Commissioning Engineer to join its successful and motivated team and carry out various installations and commissioning of fire alarm systems.
McIntyre Compliance Services is a trusted compliance safety company carrying out tests / services to make sure customers properties are safe and meet current legislations. We currently maintain, service and repair over 70000 housing association and local authority properties across the UK.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
In this role you would work alongside our design and commissioning team on large projects to commission systems installed by our installation teams. Assisting in the install and commissioning of smaller fire alarm systems.
Including but not limited to:
- Fire Alarm and Detection systems – Commissioning fire alarm systems, Programming cause and effects, Panel replacement, Additions to existing systems and interfacing third party equipment.
- Life safety and security systems – 1st and 2nd fix of,Warden call, CCTV, Door entry systems. Training and technical support can be provided.
- Work safely: Having a Health and Safety mindset, identifying risks and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
- Install: 1st fix and 2nd fix life safety systems. Turn quotation proposals, drawings, and design specifications into working systems.
- Certificate: Inspect, test and commission systems. Ensure components are correctly installed to the specification and comply with regulations. Complete commissioning documents. Complete supporting documentation and installation certificates for each installation.
- Lead: Liaise with customers, site managers and projects office team to provide a professional service. Communicate on various levels. Be a strong role model to the team on site by sharing knowledge and encouraging good working practices.
Most of our work will be planned to be within 2 hours travel of your home address but due to growth travel nationally may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in various fire alarm systems and commissioning.
- Experience in programming cause & effects.
- Experience in Fire Alarm installation and associated equipment. (Addressable, conventional and 2 wire.
- FIA or equivalent qualifications in commissioning.
- Knowledge of all parts of BS-5839-1:2017 & BS5839-6:2019
- Hard working with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn and progress.
- Work well as a team member.
- Experienced in Advanced, Ziton, Kentec, Morley and Aico Part 6.
- A good level of IT literacy.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
- Clean full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to travel and (rarely) stop away when required.
- Electrical qualifications (would be desired)
- ECS / JIB Gold Card (desired)
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
· Golden handshake of £500 * – *Signing bonus (Paid within the first full month of employment with MCS, subject to T&Cs)
- Competitive base salary £34,320 – £ 36,400 (based on 40 hours a week)
- Average earnings of £43,000 (most of engineers work 55 hours per week including travel)
- Paid travel. Minus 30-minute commute either way.
- Ongoing career development opportunities. MCS is heavily focused on training committed engineers to achieve industry recognised qualifications.
- Continual work in a growing sector. Business established 1989.
- Company vehicle.
- Phone, Laptop, and Tablet
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
We are a company that promotes work life balance, our employees have access to great benefits package including employee assistance program, wellbeing app, mental health support, employee discount scheme, death in a service insurance, company pension scheme.
Due to work being carried out in homes MCS will need to complete a number of background checks on successful applicants (such as a five-year referencing history and a DBS check).
Apply today If this sound like a right opportunity for you! Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our recruitment tam if you need more details.
* McIntyre Compliance Services Ltd is not licenced to be a sponsor for the candidates from outside the UK. All candidates for this job must have right to work.