The Company: McIntyre Compliance Services, MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing and compliance sector. This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
The Role: Fire Alarm Commissioning engineer
In this role you would work alongside our design and commissioning team on large projects to commission systems installed by our installation teams. Assisting in the install and commissioning of smaller fire alarm systems.
Including but not limited to:
- Fire Alarm and Detection systems – Commissioning fire alarm systems, Programming cause and effects, Panel replacement, Additions to existing systems and interfacing third party equipment.
- Life safety and security systems – 1st and 2nd fix of, Warden call, CCTV, Door entry systems. Training and technical support can be provided.
- Work safely: Having a Health and Safety mindset, identifying risks and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
- Install: 1st fix and 2nd fix life safety systems. Turn quotation proposals, drawings, and design specifications into working systems.
- Certificate: Inspect, test and commission systems. Ensure components are correctly installed to the specification and comply with regulations. Complete commissioning documents. Complete supporting documentation and installation certificates for each installation.
- Lead: Liaise with customers, site managers and projects office team to provide a professional service. Communicate on various levels. Be a strong role model to the team on site by sharing knowledge and encouraging good working practices.
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced in various fire alarm systems and commissioning.
- Experienced in programming cause & effects.
- Experienced in Fire Alarm installation and associated equipment. (Addressable, conventional and 2 wire.
- FIA or equivalent qualifications in commissioning.
- Knowledge of all parts of BS-5839-1:2017 & BS5839-6:2019
- Hard working with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn and progress.
- Work well as a team member.
- Experienced in Advanced, Ziton, Kentec, Morley and Aico Part 6.
- A good level of IT literacy.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
- Clean full UK driving licence.
- Willing to travel and (rarely) stop away when required.
- Electrically qualified (would be desired)
- ECS / JIB Gold Card (desired)
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
● Golden handshake of £500*
- Competitive base salary £34,000**
- Average earnings of £43,000***
- Paid travel. Minus 30-minute commute either way.
- Ongoing career development opportunities. MCS is heavily focused on training committed engineers to achieve industry recognised qualifications.
- Continual work in a growing sector. Business established 1989.
- Company vehicle.
- Phone, Laptop, and Tablet
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
* Paid within the first full month of employment with MCS.
** Based on 40-hour contract
*** Most of our engineers work 55 hours per week including travel
Most of our work will be planned to be within 2 hours travel of your home address but due to growth travel nationally may be required.
Due to work being carried out in homes MCS will need to complete several background checks on successful applicants (such as a five-year referencing history and a DBS check).