Are you an experienced electrical QS who is looking for a new challenge? Would you like to join successful and motivated team?
MCS is looking for an Electrical Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join its Peterborough offices, based in Glinton. This position is a critical role within the Business, compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide an existing or prospective customer with MCS’s services
McIntyre Compliance Services (‘MCS’) is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The Company’s purpose is to be the trusted partner for compliance safety services in the social housing sector. Now is a great time to join our team whether beginning your career or bringing your skills as an experienced administrator. McIntyre Compliance Services over the last few years has been through a lot of change and growth, not just in size but also with the skills, knowledge and experience being introduced into the business.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering and studying proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents and then compiling costs by identifying and analysing labour, material and time requirements.
- Conduct site visits and carry out surveying duties
- Maintains a cost database by entering and backing up data regularly and keeping abreast with industry developments.
- To attend Pre-start meetings with the Client.
- Setting up Tenders and sending out enquiries in preparation for estimates.
- Complying Value Engineered bids for Tender Packages as a cost-saving option for clients.
- Attending Hand Over meetings with the Client and Contracts Engineers/Managers
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending workshops, and forums, and reviewing technical publications as well as local networking events.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
- Assist in the development of estimating strategies, quoting and the provision of schedules of rates etc.
- Assist the Bid Team in tendering and delivery of bid submissions
The ideal candidate will be/ will have:
- Excellent report writing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills, especially numerically to be able to deliver accurate and sound estimations.
- Understanding experience of social housing & Commercial work
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Highly driven whilst being proactive and using own initiative.
- Demonstrable experience in managing internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness, with a good understanding of costs and KPIs
- Innovative – always seeking new ways of working to further improve how estimations are made and delivered and drive growth.
- Applicants should come from an electrical background, ideally a Qualified Electrician or holding an Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Proven experience of holding a Quantity Surveyor / Estimator role previously within the Electrical & fire industry
- JCT Experience
- NEC 3/4 Experience
- A valid clean EU/UK driving license
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary between £40,000 – £ 50,000 depending on experience
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Online discount programme, birthday gift
- Employee Assistance Program, including a 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Death in a service, benefit at 2x annual salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
We look forward to receiving your application but if you have any questions regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact Our Recruitment Team (email@example.com).