Location: North London/ Stevenage / Hertfordshire / Cambridgeshire – you can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 60-minute travel.
Salary: £33,280 – £36,400 per annum/ realistic £41,600 – £45,500 per year including the overtime, travel time.
MCS is recruiting for skilled Electrical Installers to join its successful and motivated team to carry out various installations along with completing and submitting all relevant documentation.
McIntyre Compliance Services is a trusted compliance safety company carrying out tests / services to make sure customers properties are safe and meet current legislations. We currently maintain, service and repair over 70000 housing association and local authority properties across the UK.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Carry out installations against a pre scoped specification.
- Some opportunities to spec for your own work depending on experience / demonstrated competence
- Complete all relevant reports and certification associated with inspection and testing
- Demonstrating what good working practise and standards look like to other team members, aiming to provide high quality installs
- Conduct remedial works as part of the inspection where appropriate
- Supporting Fire Alarm Engineers on their installs, a great opportunity to learn and progress your skillset.
- Reporting back to the office team with regular reports and recommendations
- Occasional staying away (paid for by the company) with advance notice and agreed claimable expenses
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.00am-5.00pm) with the opportunity to work after 5.00pm and if you chose to, some weekends too
The ideal candidate will have:
- Up-to-date qualifications with current standard BS7671
- City and Guilds level 2 & 3 Electrical Installations
- City & Guilds 2391 highly desirable
- BS5266 would be advantageous
- Previous electrical installation experience, lighting and wiring
- Three phase experience is a bonus
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace
- A full UK driving licence
- A good level of IT literacy
If you do not have ALL the above, we still WANT to hear from you
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will be offered:
- A salary of £33,280 – £36,400 per annum (40 hours a week) and opportunity to earn up to £50,000 per annum with overtime and bonuses. (Electrical installers at MCS usually work between 50 -55 hours what significantly increases the salary)
- Golden handshake of £500 upon completion of first month, subject to absence and T&Cs
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle and a fuel card
- Staying away expenses
- Phone and Tablet
- Full test equipment and power tools
- 22 days of holiday allowance plus any UK bank holidays (30 -31 days in total)
We are a company that promotes work life balance, our employees have access to great benefits package including employee assistance program, wellbeing app, mental health support, employee discount scheme, death in a service insurance, company pension scheme.
Due to work being carried out in homes MCS will need to complete a number of background checks on successful applicants (such as a five-year referencing history and a DBS check).
Apply today If this sound like a right opportunity for you! Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our recruitment tam if you need more details (email@example.com)
* McIntyre Compliance Services Ltd is not licenced to be a sponsor for the candidates from outside the UK. All candidates for this job must have right to work.