Electrical Installation Engineer
With a golden handshake of £500*, you could earn up to £50,000 per annum (base salary plus overtime and bonuses). You will also be provided with a vehicle, uniform, test equipment, mobile phone plus other benefits listed below.
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The business has won a number of new contracts and is looking for experienced electricians to carry out electrical installs, testing, inspection and repairs as part of a small, highly skilled team. Progression, learning and ensuring the safety of tenants is our primary concern so attention to detail, communication and taking pride in your work is all essential.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Carry out installations against a pre scoped specification.
- Some opportunities to spec for your own work depending on experience / demonstrated competence
- Complete all relevant reports and certification associated with inspection and testing
- Demonstrating what good working practise and standards look like to other team members, aiming to provide high quality installs
- Conduct remedial works as part of the inspection where appropriate
- Supporting Fire Alarm Engineers on their installs, a great opportunity to learn and progress your skillset.
- Reporting back to the office team with regular reports and recommendations
- Occasional staying away (paid for by the company) with advance notice and agreed claimable expenses
The ideal candidate for an Electrical Installation Engineer at MCS will have:
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.00am-5.00pm) with the opportunity to work after 5.00pm and if you chose to, some weekends too
- Up-to-date qualifications with current standard BS7671
- City and Guilds level 2 & 3 Electrical Installations
- City & Guilds 2391 highly desirable
- BS5266 would be advantageous
- Previous electrical installation experience, lighting and wiring
- Three phase experience is a bonus
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace
- A full UK driving licence
- A good level of IT literacy
- If you do not have all the above, we still want to hear from you
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will be offered:
- A base salary of £33,500 – £36,000 per annum (depending on experience) with opportunity to earn up to £60,000 per annum in overtime and bonuses.
- Golden handshake of £500 upon completion of first month, subject to absence and satisfactory performance
- Paid travel time (if commute is over 30 minutes from your home each way)
- Staying away expenses
- A company vehicle and fuel card
- Company pension scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including 8 bank holidays)
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Death in service
- Ongoing career development opportunities
*Paid within the first full month of employment with MCS.
Due to work being carried out in homes MCS will need to complete a number of background checks on successful applicants (such as a five-year referencing history and a DBS check). If you are required to carry out work in care homes, current regulations require engineers to have had two COVID vaccinations and to show a COVID passport.