McIntyre Compliance Services (‘MCS’) is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The Company’s purpose is to be the trusted partner for compliance safety services in the social housing sector.
The Electrical Buyer will work alongside the team of Procurement Assistants to source and purchase a wide range of electrical, fire alarm and security products for our field engineers.
- Sourcing and purchasing a wide range of electrical and fire products at the most competitive price and within an agreed timescale
- Generating accurate Purchase Orders for goods and services
- Build relationships with a number of suppliers with a view to negotiating the best deals and rebates possible on behalf of the Company
- Continuously review the prices agreed with suppliers and seek the best value wherever possible
- Ensure the product file in our job management software is kept up to date with the most up to date prices and specifications
- Collaborate with other departments within the business to agree workflows and facilitate their sourcing requirements
- Work alongside the Warehousing team by equipping them with the information they need to be able to move materials out of our stores in a timely fashion
- Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others
Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant previous experience working in either the purchasing or sales of electrical or fire alarm products.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and/or fire products
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively
- A sound commercial understanding of contract profitability
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to set targets
- A continuous improvement mindset and the confidence to suggest improvements and innovations
The above outlines the principle functions of the role and is not an exhaustive list. The role holder may be asked to perform other tasks and duties commensurate with their skills and experience.
Job Type: Permanent