Position: Billing Team Leader
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
The Billing Team Leader will play a key role in the future growth and profitability of the business. The purpose of the role is to manage the billing team to ensure customers are billed quickly and accurately and to ensure that all KPIs are met or exceeded.
McIntyre Compliance Services (‘MCS’) is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The Company’s purpose is to be the trusted partner for compliance safety services in the social housing sector.
- Responsible for the day-to-day billing function including management of a team of 3
- Set KPIs with the Financial Controller and measure billing team performance
- Establish control measures to ensure that all service and repair work carried out is captured and billed at expected profit levels
- Review all quoted work prior to billing to ensure it is billed profitably and that all variations have been captured and billed appropriately
- Periodically review SOR prices set up in the billing system to ensure that they are at contracted rates or at the most recently uplifted rate agreed with the customer. If SOR prices are no longer profitable, liaise with account managers to agree an uplifted rate with the customer
- Liaise with operational teams to ensure that engineers are providing sufficient narrative detail on jobs so that the customer can be informed appropriately and billing matches against the work carried out
- Support the operational teams to continuously drive down levels of WIP
- Resolve customer invoice queries within agreed timescales
- Drive through process improvements
- Support and develop the skills within the billing team so that there is no one point of failure
- Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a team in a fast-paced SME environment
- A clear thinker, commercially focused, calm under pressure, and an excellent communicator
- Passionate about continuous improvement, with a track record of delivering leaner and more effective systems and processes in a growing business
- A high degree of commercial acumen is essential
- Intermediate level in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work under your own initiative to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Commercial exposure to billing as an outsourced hard services contractor
- Experience of operating within the social housing sector an advantage
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary between £25,000 and £ 30,000 per annum depending on experience
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Online discount programme, birthday gift
- Employee Assistance Program, including a 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Death in a service, benefit at 2x annual salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
We look forward to receiving your application but if you have any questions regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).